Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.
157 views | Last updated on Aug 12, 2015
C. Frederick "Todd" Wehr (1889-1965), industrialist and philanthropist, was co-founder of the Wehr Steel Company and the founder of the Todd Wehr Foundation, Inc. Wehr was a graduate of West Division High School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.
He and his brothers comprised the executive team of the Wehr Steel Company, which was founded in 1910 by his father, Henry Wehr. The company manufactured steel alloy castings for machine parts, as well as magnetic separators and brakes. During World War II, it received numerous "E" awards from the government for excellence in steel production.
In 1958, the company was reorganized as a division of the Wehr Corporation. Wehr became the chairman of the board, a position he held until his retirement in 1963.
Wehr left the bulk of his estate to a trust set up for charitable religious, scientific and educational purposes. Many Wisconsin universities and charitable organizations have benefited from the Todd Wehr Foundation, including Viterbo University, which received a grant to renovate the facility that now bears the name Todd Wehr Memorial Library.